Caja Project Management Development / Programme Management Office (PMO) Graduate Role
Role: Project Management development /
Programme Management Office (PMO) Graduate
Location: Keele Business Park (Travel to clients will also be required)
Salary: Competitive (+ Pension & 20 Annual Leave days entitlement)
Who are Caja
This is an exciting opportunity to join a local Staffordshire company based on Keele’s business park that is fast growing within the consultancy industry, working on large transformational change programmes within the Private, Public & Tertiary Sectors.
Caja are at the forefront of using the latest Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics by working alongside innovative technological companies that gives clients the very latest technology available in achieving their business objectives. Furthermore, we delve into the latest research of behavioural science to assist in increasing the performance of our clients.
As a leading independent company, we are very much about being ‘hands on’ and so you will be given extensive responsibility early on in your Caja Career. There is no reason to worry about this as this will be combined with the necessary training, support and mentoring from a friendly team to ensure that you have absolute confidence to flourish in a fast-paced environment and grow with us at Caja.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Management development / Programme Management office (PMO) graduate to play a key role in the delivery and development of our work with our clients across the UK.
We are looking for someone expecting to get a 2:1 or above preferably in a Business Management related degree. This role will quickly give you a wide spectrum of experience working client-side alongside large organisations across the UK on transformational change programmes, helping them to solve their problems and fulfil their business objectives. These are wide ranging solutions that will solve their problems both for today and in the future.
This role will be a great introduction and provide insight into the latest thinking, process innovation and people change taking place across a wide variety of industries. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a talented multitasker who is well organised and good at understanding the ‘big-picture,’ whilst also having a keen eye for detail. They also will be strong communicators, acting as part of a central hub on programmes with all key activities going through them, requiring the ability to manage all levels of stakeholders and report on project progress
Caja 2-Year Tailored Development Programme
The successful candidate will be placed on a 2-year mentored development programme to ensure they attain a transferable set of skills whilst meeting clients’ expectations and helping to deliver successful programmes. This programme will ensure that in the future that they are equipped with the necessary knowledge, skills and experience to progress into a wide variety of roles within Caja.
Key skills that will be learnt:
- Project Management – Learn to scope, manage & deliver successful projects
- Stakeholder Management – Learn how to create and maintain effective working relationships at programme level across multiple projects and across portfolios to understand and communicate with the wider stakeholder community.
- Methodology & Governance – Confidently attend Governance meetings handling all queries relating to Delivery Method and Governance arising during these meetings.
- Planning – Learn the process and techniques on how to plan large complex transformational programmes and be able to identify issues within a critical path and advise on remedial actions.
- Reporting – Learn to identify trends and issues and provide regular reports to governance boards and stakeholders, including commentary on performance and trends.
- Resource Management – Learn to identify issues and trends and give recommendations with regards to Resource Management processes and propose improvements based on experience of running the processes.
- Risk Management – Learn to identify issues and trends and make recommendations to ensure that agreed risk responses are planned, resourced and implemented.
- Financial & Benefits Management – Learn to advise project and programme managers with portfolio, programme and project financial information by tracking variances against forecasted spend, benefits plan and margin projections.
- Commercial Finance & Partners and clients – Learn how to establish relationships with Partners and clients
- Change Management – Learn how changes on programmes are planned, resourced and implemented and how the benefits and how to ensure that the benefits of accepting the change do not adversely impact the overall cost/benefits case
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
We will mentor and teach you the core skill set listed above, and we also understand that as a graduate you might not have had the opportunity to have necessarily developed the specific skillset for this role yet. However, there may well be opportunities that you can demonstrate your transferable skills from the ones listed below that we are looking for within your CV, e.g. a part-time job, playing for a sports team or volunteering at a local charity.
If interested, then please send your CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Project Management Development / PMO Graduate Role.’